Skills & Experience
- Brainstorming with team to solve problems
- Technical presentations
- Written proposals
- Design, fabrication & operation of CVD systems
- Graphite heating element & induction design & assembly (up to 2200C)
- Hot & cold wall heating chambers
- Vacuum & filter systems
- Written procedures for chamber assembly, leak checking, deposition & emergency shut down
- Experience in CVD of W, C, SiC, ZnSe, ZnS, Si, CdTe, GaS, GaP, Mo, Pt, Rh, Nb, PG & diamond
- Deposition of coatings, infiltration & monolithic materials
- Net shape mandrel design & deposition
- Multiple rotation design & fabrication of substrates
Deposited & fabricated the following materials
- SiC Radiant tubes, heat exchangers, heat pipes, thermionic, mirrors
- substrate, semi-conductor edge rings & shower heads, heaters
- ZnSe Laser windows
- ZnS Laser windows
- CdTe Laser windows
- GaAs Laser windows
- GaP Laser windows
- W Thermionic, heat pipe
- Re Rocket nozzles
- Ir Rocket nozzles
- Mo Thermionic
- C Thermionic, heat pipe
- Si Coatings
Designed, fabricated, operated & tested CVD pilot & production systems operating up to 2200C and up to 8’ in diameter by 9’ high.
Experience with induction, RF and resistance heating for high temperature vacuum & atmospheric chambers.
Designed, fabricated & operated simple & complex input & exhaust gas systems.
Responsible for fabricating large SS sputtering system 14’ by 12’ by 40 capable of sputtering 12 target materials.